Living the Disney Life

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Boxing things up is bittersweet




Today has been another day of packing. The emotion and feelings of excitment continue to build as our day of relocating to Florida draw closer and the bittersweet feelings begin to fill my heart.
It has been an emotional last few days for me as we had our Christmas party at work; seeing that I have worked and taken care of some pretty amazing eldery men and worked with some really awesome girls makes the thought of saying goodbye next month and leaving a bit harsh, I know it's not goodbye as we will be coming home yearly to visit but I know in my heart that it "is" goodbye for many of my Papa's that I take care of... as they won't be here for very long. I think this is all of the part that makes leaving any place a bit emotional but the outcome and the magic that is waiting for Shawn and I make the bittersweet feelings so worth it :)
We are busy this week packing the things up that we are taking with us on the road. My Disney room that is floor to ceiling Disney; all of the breakable stuff is coming with us. I am more comfortable with us accidently breaking it then the moving company. While we were going to just drive a U-haul and then our vechile, it was much easier to pay a moving company to come in and pack us up and move us, just like the military do. I will admit, it is a bit pricey but in the long run, knowing that due to my past neck surgury I am unable to help Shawn lift any heavy items, the comfort in having them take care of everything, leaving us to just unpack makes the move alot easier and less stressful.
Our to do list keeps getting longer and it seems the days until our big move become shorter.I am ecstatic and can't wait until we are minutes away from those magical arches!

No comments: